Our team have captured some links that we thought would be useful to our clients and their team.
Fair Pay Agreements
MBIE has approved 5 applications from unions to start bargaining for Fair Pay Agreements (FPAs) in the following industries and occupations. You can learn more about what work is covered under these occupations and industries by clicking the links below.
- Early childhood education industry — Public notice of approval of application [PDF 145 KB]
- Commercial cleaner occupation — Public notice of approval of application [PDF 251 KB]
- Hospitality industry — Public notice of approval of application [PDF 400 KB]
- Security officers and guards occupation — Public notice of approval of application [PDF 247 KB]
- Bus transport industry — Public notice of approval of application [PDF 248 KB]
Mental Wellbeing Resources
There are some great online resources available to make sure you are looking after the mental wellbeing side of things too …
Business.govt.nz – If you or your employees are feeling overwhelmed or anxious, there is free help available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Visit First Steps for support for small business owners, ranging from dealing with anxiety to tackling insomnia
- Call or text 1737 for support from a trained counsellor
- Call Lifeline on 0800 543 354 or text 4357
- Call Samaritans on 0800 726 666
Mental Health Foundation of NZ – 5 Ways to Wellbeing Resources
Groov – download the free Groov app and check out their practical tips for dealing with uncertainty and stress and many ways to take care of your well-being.
Just a Thought – Staying on Track is a free online course designed to help you tackle worry and stress, so you can take care of your mental and emotional wellbeing.
Lauren Parsons Wellbeing Specialist – check out all the useful resources Lauren has on her FB and LinkedIn pages. If you’re a business leader you may also want to check out and join her Thriving Leaders Community which is a no-cost group where the vision is simply to keep leaders connected, inspired and equipped to thrive personally and to lead flourishing teams.
www.tepou.co.nz – Details providers of Mental Health First Aid accredited training programmes that empower and equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to support a friend, family member or co-worker experiencing a mental health challenge or crisis.
www.eCALD.com – Provides cultural or language-appropriate health and social services for people of Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, and African backgrounds.
www.ethniccommunities.govt.nz – The Office of ethnic communities provides information, advice and services for ethnic communities in New Zealand to support community development and social cohesion.
www.ry.org.nz – The Rainbow Youth is an advocacy and support service for queer and gender diverse, takatāpui and intersex young people across Aotearoa.